March 7th-14th, 2021
Andalusia: Malaga, Cadiz, Seville
Savour the tastes & sensual pleasure of ancient & modern Andalucia on a journey linking 3 vibrant cities, each with a very different story.
We start in the city where Picasso was born. Malaga, an exciting cultural reference point since its recent reinvention with a vibrant foodie scene to go with it.
We climb up into the hills of Malaga to understand this region’s Premium wine and its winemakers, visiting the likes of heroic viticultor, Lauren Rosillo at Sedella & Friedrich Schatz, the Swiss former flower seller, one of the champions responsible for the Sierra de Malaga’s comeback in producing premium non-fortified wines.
Beyond the famous Andalusian white villages, we travel to the southern tip of Spain where the Atlantic meets the Mediterranean to Western Europe’s oldest city, Cadiz. The gateway to the Americas when Columbus set sail & returned with new riches for the palate. We savour all its culinary heritage, fresh fish, fortified wines & everything in between.
Long lunches, lazy dinners & engaging local flavour – its people & its cuisine. On to Seville for our last night Michelin star extravaganza & raise a glass to this land of contrasting cultural heritage.
* Lunch & tasting at Finca el Rosalejo, summer home to the Duke & Duchess of Ahumada
* Taster menu at Casino de Cadiz
* A tour of Cadiz & its seafaring legacy
* Visit Sanlúcar de Barrameda
* Private, guided behind-the-scenes tour of Seville
* Heroic vineyards in Sedella
* Guided visit of Picasso Museum
* Tapas like a local in Malaga
* Winery dating back to 1641 in Ronda
* Michelin star dinner at Seville’s Abantal restaurant
Single Room Supplement TBD
*2 nights - Hotel Vincci Posada del Patio, Malaga
*1 night - Parador, Ronda
*3 nights - Hotel Casa de las Cuatro Torres, Cadiz
*1 night - Hospes Casa del Rey de Baeza, Seville
Private transport by luxury coach
ENGLISH speaking guides
Breakfast daily; 6 lunches, 7 dinners
Entrances & activities as specified
All winery visits
*some reservations may change